Saturday, March 5, 2011

Charleston Bound!


I am so excited to venture to the lovely, quaint city of Charleston, South Carolina with my hubby this week!  John has 2 weeks off for spring break from Duke, and we are taking FULL advantage of having some days off together :)  We will be there from Monday to Thursday, and can't wait to explore all that Charleston has to offer! 
images via
Our plans include: 
Taking a Carriage Ride Tour around the downtown area....

via
Riding bikes around the beach, exploring the Market, shopping on King Street,
and of course, checking out several yummy restaurants, including:

Have any of you been to Charleston/or lived there? 
What must we do/see/eat?

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :)  Duke plays UNC tonight (HUGE rivals), so we are going to a viewing party with lots of food and fun!  GO BLUE DEVILS!


XOXO 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charleston is one of my very favorite places! Have so much fun!

Molly said...

I live in Charleston and it is a fabulous city, indeed! You should definitely try Husk. It's awesome. And there is a huge, new, Forever21 on King St where the old Saks used to be- a bit overwhelming, but there are always some good finds!

Love your blog!

http://anorthernaccent.blogspot.com

megan said...

I second Molly on Husk!

linds.eliz said...

I am SO thankful for this post!! I live in Charlotte, and moved here from Michigan about a year ago, but have yet to head to Charleston. Everyone has been on my case about it, telling me I really need to check it out. So I have been making loose plans to head there this summer sometime. So I am looking forward to hearing about how your trip went/the things you two did! I hope you have a blast!!

Lindsay said...

i agree with molly and you should go to husk...so yummy! another couple lunch spots could be sermets or basil on king street, those are two of my favorites! have fun visiting!

ps, just stumbled across your blog...and i am from greensboro but live in charleston now.

SILVIA said...

love it!!
congratulations! this post is fantastic!
follow u now!!=D
xx

Kelly said...

I didn't know you were a Dukie! :) Yay!