Monday, April 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Brownie Pie


I made this delicious dessert last week when we had friends over, and let me just say, it was amazing!  Everyone LOVED it, even my hubs, who typically only likes fruity desserts.  If you are a chocolate and peanut butter fan, this dessert is for YOU.  It is pretty basic and you might even have most of the ingredients already!  I actually had everything except the pie crust. Speaking of pie crust, you MUST use a deep dish pie crust with the recipe.  I still had tons of the peanut butter mousse left over even after using the deep dish crust.
So enough chatting, here is the recipe!!
XOXO

Peanut Butter Brownie Pie
Source: Stephanie Cooks

Ingredients:
1 deep dish pie crust (I used the frozen ones that come in a package of 2)
1 15.5 oz. brownie mix
1/4 cup peanut butter chips (I used 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons water
1 egg
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (softened)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping

Directions:
1- Heat oven to 350.
2- In a large bowl combine the brownie mix, egg, oil, water, and peanut butter chips. Stir well to combine and until completely incorporated.
3- Pour into pie crust, bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through. (Cover pie crust with tin foil after 20 minutes if it starts to burn)
4- Cool for 20 minutes, then refrigerate for an hour.
5- In a stand mixer combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Beat until completely incorporated.
6- Fold in the whipped topping, until completely combined.
7- Top the brownie with peanut butter mousse and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve cold.





Not the prettiest picture, but soooo yummy!!!
ENJOY!!

9 comments:

Jenny N said...

wow...I just saw the title of this post and though "want" Then I read it and I want it even more! Yums!

Unknown said...

That looks like heaven! omgosh I have to make it!

Annie said...

WHOA, that looks delish. I want to make it but i don't want to make it because I'll eat it all.

Emily said...

Wow, that looks so good! I loveee peanut butter anything. I may have to try this recipe next time I need to make a dessert!!!

melissa said...

What are you trying to do to me??? Peanut Butter anything is my absolute favorite!!! I am dying for this. I need to make this soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe! xo

Sophie said...

ahhhh omg. my mouth is literally watering. you are making me so hungry and i want to eat this all up so badly! thanks for sharing though, even if you are torturing me haha. i definitely want to try and make this. xx

Molly said...

This looks delicious (and right up my husband's alley)! I'll definitely have to try!

Natalie said...

Yum YUMMM Emily this looks incredible! I'm bookmarking this so I can make it ASAP.

Anonymous said...

Yum EMMIE! Calling you today!