Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bday Happies

First of all, let me say, thank you to all of you who left me sweet birthday messages! I felt so loved, and it really was a very special day.  I was able to celebrate with my parents in DC, the week before my bday, which was so wonderful. 

The actual day of my bday was on Friday, and I took the day off from work, and had the WHOLE day with my hubs!  (He just finished his 1st year at Duke getting his MBA, and he was done w/ his exams!)
We slept in, and he made me a delicious breakfast: buttermilk pancakes, fresh fruit, and his amazing berry smoothies. Then I got to open some presents that had come in the mail, and some that my parents had left me to open on my big day :)

Some of my loot!
From left: cute "e" stamp, Charleston coaster, Jonathan Adler phone cover, Stella and Dot earrings and necklace, notecards, tea towls, a printed scarf, Gwenyth Paltrow cookbook, gorgeous necklace, and monogrammed casserole dish cover.

Thanks to my wonderful parents, my thoughtful in-laws, and Ash for my amazing gifts - I love them all SO MUCH!

John gave me the Longchamp bag (from this post), and I am so in love with it :)

So after a lazy morning at home, John and I headed off to explore Fearrington Village, which is an adorable historic farm area that has cute boutique shops, gourmet dining, a spa, bookstore, acres of lush pastures, and gorgeous gardens.  (I kind of sound like I wrote their brochure!) 
We spent the late morning/early afternoon wandering around, and we loved it!



 




These chalkboard panels outside the bookstore announced upcoming events, etc.  So cute!
After spending most of the day at Fearrington, we headed back into downtown Durham for a delicious late lunch at Toast.  It is one of our favorite restaurants, and it was perfect for a bday meal :)

 




Next up was a quiet bday dinner at home :)  John and I had a very busy week that week (school dinners, parties, luau, Cinco de Mayo festivities, etc), so we decided to cook together, and have a low-key evening. It was perfect!  My bday cake was a delcious lemon/raspberry cheesecake - amazing.



Thanks again for the bday wishes and my fam and friends who sent cards and gifts!!
XOXO

No comments: