Sunday, May 1, 2011

Makeup Routine

I have really gotten into makeup over the past year or so, and I love to hear about all my friend's makeup routines and favorite products!  I have finally gotten a wonderful makeup routine down, and I am loving it!  Some of these items are a tad expensive, but I have to say they are definitely worth it.  Others are just drugstore items.  Take a look!  And give some a try!

Makeup Diaries


1. Bare Escentuals Prime Time - I put this silky smooth primer on after my normal moisturizer.  It evens out my skin and makes the makeup go on smoothly.  It also makes foundations/powders last longer.

2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Illuminating - I LOVE this stuff.  It is my go-to easy/light makeup for spring and summer.  I usually wear it alone w/ some concealer, blush, and mascara.  It gives good coverage, but is light and glowy.  (I don't wear this every day under powder/bronzer/etc....I use plain moisturizer under that.)

3. Sonia Kashuk Concealer - This is a great pallette for all skin tones/colors.  Great for under the eyes, and it has different shades, so you can use it all year round (when you are tan or pale.)  It has 3 creams/1 powder.

4. Bare Escentuals Mineral Powder - This is my favorite loose powder/foundation.  It is weightless and is great for setting other foundations or wearing alone over moisturizer/concealer (like me!)

5. Nars Blush - I have used this blush since college, and have tried many others...but I always come back to this.  It has amazing pigment, and it is the perfect shade of coraly-pink with a hint of gold shimmer.  So pretty, and worth the splurge...it lasts forever!

6. Mac Skinfinish in Soft - I just recently bought this after several friends recommended it, and I love it!  Especially for spring/summer.  It is a highlighter and I apply it right above my blush (w/ the same brush).  It gives a soft shimmery glow, but is not shiny.

7. Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten - I wear this every day - I'm not good at wearing lots of different eye shadows and blending them to create a smoky eye effect.  I usually just wear one color...maybe two. This one is a pretty, shimmery neutral, and looks very pretty in the inner corner and under the brow bone.

8. Maybelline Eyeliner - I wear different eyeliners for different occasions, and like to switch it up a lot.  I love this one, because it is so soft and very easy to apply. I also like the Maybelline gel liners that come in the pots.

9. Maybelline "Falsies" Mascara - Love this mascara -- it gives my lashes lots of volume and length :)  I have never bought a "high end" mascara...I think drugstore ones are just as good, if not better!  (I also love the Cover Girl Lash Blast in the orange tube).

10. Nars Lip Gloss - This was an early bday gift to myself :)  Turkish Delight is the perfect pinky nude color, and looks great over lipsticks, or worn alone.  (And it's Kim Kardashian's fave!)

11. Rosebud Salve - I wear this every day, to work, to play, to shop, to bed.  Can't live without it!

What are your favorite makeup products?  Favorite brands?  Makeup routines?  I'd LOVE to hear! 
XOXO

6 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love Rosebud! I use it SO much, I prefer the Minted Rose though!

Ashley Lane Hamlin said...

YAY! Fun tips. i wish I could go light on the foundation for summer. Yuck! My face is so oily, but it needs the coverage. i may try to lighten up, thouh.

I have used Rosebud sine I was 9! Addicted!

Ruthie said...

I have recently been into Clinique, and I love it! I am a make up junkie so I switch things up often, but I have been on this clinique kick for a while. They have a new tinted moisturizer that is great!

Kristen said...

I have a lot of those same products! love the bare minerals primer & powder and the nars blush. i've been wanting to try the nars lip gloss...maybe i'll splurge soon. also a fan of laura mercier--i use the regular tinted moisturizer, and the rosebud salve is a must :)

Molly said...

There's nothing better than the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer!

Aubrey said...

LOVE your blogs! they are so great & helpful!