Sunday, October 16, 2011

DIY Fall Wreath

Last week, I was inspired by THIS lovely DIY wreath (made by my friend, Nancy)...and I decided to give it a try!

First I'll show you a pic of the finished product.....


oooh, ahhhh.

Now for the VERY simple instructions, in case you want to make one for yourself!!
(And FYI, I had to buy the wreath, the mini pumpkins, ribbon, and wooden "S"...which cost about $12 total.)

I bought a plain wooden "S" because I liked the size and font.  I knew I would be painting it later (you could use acrylic pain or spray pain.) 




Warm up your glue gun, and get your pumpkins ready....



Arrange your pumpkins the way that you want to glue them down...and then add the glue and hold them in place.


Time to add the ribbon bow, tie it loosely in place and arrange the way you want your letter to hang.


Then slip the letter through the ribbon, adjust the bow..and HANG!


Ta-da!  I bought the wreath hanger at A.C. Moore for 99 cents :)
See how easy!!  I almost feel silly for putting up the tutorial...but oh well!!

XOXO

7 comments:

Annie said...

It's adorable and just perfect!

Ashley Lane Hamlin said...

Oooh, I love!!!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love the wreath...super cute and make a great statement on your front door! :)

MK said...

Cutie McCute!

Unknown said...

It turned out SO cute!! A wreath for my front door is the next project on my list! You've inspired me. :)

Rose Penelope said...

This DIY wreath is great! Wish I saw this before I bought mine! haha

Grace (The Stripe) said...

So cute - I love fall decorating!