Sunday, March 11, 2012

Guest Post - Fabulous Fashions 4 Sensible Style

Oooooh, do I have a treat for you today!?  The fabulous, fashionable, and of course sensible Liesl is guest posting today all the way from sunny California!  Liesl is one of the most positive and encouraging bloggers I have "met", and I know you will just fall in love with her, as I have!  Stay tuned for her answers to my top 10 blogger questions :)


And be sure to check out her AMAZING blog for more on her fabulous life!
Thanks Liesl!


Fabulous Fashions 4 Sensible Style

What are your top 2 favorite cities you have traveled to (and why)?


This is a tough one, but I think I would say, one is Sydney because it is beautiful, the people are so friendly, and well, the accent is a favorite of mine too! :) Second would be Abu Dhabi, which I was fortunate to not only visit, but live there as well. It is full of so much culture, and is a city with so much to offer and truly was a wonderful pace to live as a child.



What 2 cities are next on your bucket list to travel to?


Positano is one for sure, and is a favorite travel spot of my parents and one of my good friends. The other would probably be Rome because it I'd love to see the historic Colosseum, and the city is filled with such history that I'd love to see one day.



What simple thing makes you the happiest?


Overall, it is the little, simple things that always make me happy, but one in particular would be when someone leaves you a little note, even just a post-it, for you somewhere unexpected, or something little that shows some thought, not money, was put into it! :)



What's a guilty pleasure that you have?


Probably watching TMZ from time to time when I'm with my sisters or mother, who all love it, or watching reality shows like "The Bachelor," "The Real Housewives" and "Bethany Ever After!"



Is there a celeb that you would love to trade closets with?


Kate Middleton for sure! I simply love her elegance and classy, long, lean looks!



Bold lips, or nude gloss?


I'm a gloss gal! I rarely wear lipstick, and if I do, the bold colors just don't look good on me, though I love them on others! So, I stick to peachy pink lip glosses, and wear "Peaches N Gleam" by CoverGirl daily, it's my favorite!



Favorite movie of all time?


I think "Clue" has to be one of them! I have seen it so many times, and can probably recite every line, but love it, and find it entertaining each time...speaking of, I think it is time to watch it again! :)



You're invited to a last minute pot-luck...what's your go-to dish/dessert?


I know this might be hard for many to believe, but I'm not a big sweets person. That said, I can make some darn good, chewy, ooey, gooey cookies...with the help of Pillsbury! ;)



What's one item that you can't leave home without?


Mascara on my eyelashes because I have blonde eyelashes, and not many of them, so, without it I feel as though you can't see my eyes! As for what I can't leave without having with me, I would say my phone, mostly for safety, and lip gloss!




And last but not least, name 3 key pieces that every girl should have in their closet.


1. A great pair of heels that you love, which make you feel confident, girlie and beautiful.

2. A simple black dress, which I know everyone says, but you can dress it up or down, and create so many looks with just one dress by simply changing up your accessories, shoes, bags, adding a scarf...the options are endless!

3. A statement piece of jewelry, which for me would be a ring, I just love big, bold accessories that give a little extra power to an outfit!



-------------------------------------------------

Thanks, again Liesl!! 
XOXO

4 comments:

Liesl said...

Thank YOU, Emily, for asking me to guest post on your lovely blog! Hope you are having a FABULOUS trip! :)

natasha {schue love} said...

Fun post! We have a lot in common!! ;)

Amanda English said...

Love that scarf! xoxo A-

Leslie said...

I follow Liesl and enjoy her blog so much :) This is a wonderful interview! Great outfit!