Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Good morning! It's 5am as I'm typing this -- and I'm exhausted! We had a wonderful Easter weekend, and I hope you all did too! Saturday, John and decided to have a "date day" and spent the beautiful afternoon wandering around downtown and grabbing a bit to eat (outside!) at one of our favorites, Toast.





It was the first Easter Sunday in a long time that we did not spend with family, so it was a little sad! But John and I went to a lovely service at our church here in NC, and then a big brunch and fellowship with good friends afterwards.







We even did mini-Easter baskets for eachother :) And by "we" and "for eachother", I mean I put together both of them, but we opened them together :)




Easter is one of my favorite holidays, but it is a mix of emotions for me -- I am overcome with gratitude for the sacrifice of Jesus, and also deeply saddened and humbled by the way He was treated and then crucified. Ultimately, it is these three days (from His death to His resurrection) that remind me most of God's great love for His children, and His promise of eternal life through Him.

"It is finished, It is done
To the world salvation comes
Hallelujah, we're alive!
Hell was silenced when you cried:
It is finished."

-Matt Papa


I hope you all had a joyous Easter, and were surrounded by friends and family.
Happy Monday!

XOXO

1 comment:

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

I love that you have Plackers in the basket haha. I know it doesn't make a difference, but didn't eat any of my candy yesterday because I had a dental checkup this morning haha.
Happy Easter! xo