Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Hills are Alive!

Doe, a dear, a female dear....
I hope you all are singing along with me now!

While we were in Munich, we decided that we had enough time to take a day trip into Salzburg, Austria - and I am SO glad that we did!  I convinced John to do the Sound of Music bus tour through the famous Austrian hills where the movie was filmed.  He agreed and we were able to get tickets once we took the quick train into Salzburg.  After an ice cream break and a quick stroll through the gorgeous and meticulous Mirabellgarten, we were on the tour bus, gallivanting all around the amazing sights that were made famous by the Captain, Maria, and the darling Von Trap children.

From the beautiful mansion where they filmed the home scenes, to the stunning lake where Maria and the kids went canoeing, the glass Gazebo (where Liesel sang "I am sixteen, going on seventeen"), and the Wedding church nestled in the picturesque Alps, we saw it all!  
And in between all the stops and the sights, the entire bus was signing along to the Sound of Music soundtrack as it played the famous tunes that we all have grown to love :)





Up next, Bavaria, and the Sleeping Beauty Castle!!  :)
Happy Friday!!


4 comments:

Kristin said...

That's awesome! I was obsessed with the Sound of Music when I was little so this is something I totally would do. :)

Nicole Rene said...

Wow I am so jealous! Looks like a fabulous experience!!!!! :)

Liesl said...

Ahhh!!! Being named after "The Sound of Music" and all, you know I LOVED those pictures and what FUN!!! I must get there for the tour one day! I visited when I was little, but never went to the actual locations...makes me so happy! Lovely skirt, too! :)

Erica said...

I did the same thing when i was in Munich! love salzburg :)