Friday, November 2, 2012

Faves, Flappers, and Flowers


Before I share my snapshots of the week - let me first send my love and prayers to all those who were affected by Hurricane Sandy.  Here in NJ, the most that we lost was our power, but I know so many people who lost so much more and whose lives will never be the same.
(And thank you to all of you who reached out to me and John over the past week -- we felt so blessed and loved by you.)

Before the hurricane hit, we actually had a wonderful weekend....
Here's a peek :)

A relaxing morning spent catching up on mags, a new book, and my favorite drink
 (iced, nonfat chai tea latte!)

Embedded image permalink


Getting to test out my new Target boots - in LOOOOVE!


Embedded image permalink

Found my new FAVORITE snack ever - 
Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip...


oh. my. good. gracious.  
I love it most with TJ's reduced guilt pita chips :)


I made these delicious Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Bars for a Halloween party!
Y'all - you must make these, they are soooo good :)

Embedded image permalink



Costume time! 
Flapper dress from Zara :)

Embedded image permalink

I scored this dress this summer for just 14.99!!  It's so fun and I loved wearing it!!



Getting some Raccoon smooches from hubs ;)

Embedded image permalink


I was actually scheduled to have sinus surgery on Halloween (BOOO!!) - no pun intended - but Miss Sandy Hurricane canceled it for now.  Hopefully I will be able to have it in the next couple of weeks.
Before my surgery was canceled, I received some AMAZING care packages and flowers from my bestie, Ash, and my sweet in-laws.

Since I'm not totally out of it and doped up on pain meds yet, I'm really getting to enjoy all my treats -- thank you thank you!!


Embedded image permalink

How was your week??
Did Sandy affect you??   And did you dress up for Halloween??

XOXO
(all pics via my Instagram - follow me!!  emily8463)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That dip looks so good! I'll have to find a recipe online, since there are no Trader Joe's near me. Halloween was weird this year. We had a huge snowstorm due to Sandy, so the school parties and trick or treating were all postponed.

Glitterista said...

So glad to hear you're safe. How long were you without power? Luckily we didn't lose any, but some other cities in our area (Northeast Ohio) are still without power. I can't believe Sandy had such a far reach!

Love the Halloween costumes and good luck with surgery! :)

henning love said...

ooh those pumpkin bars look amazing! and your flapper dress is so darling, i love your costume. and the photo of you getting the kiss from the raccoon is just darling, you two are so cute!

natasha {schue love} said...

I LOVE those boots...I've had my eye on them for a while! And that flapper costume is adorable!!

Caitlin C. said...

Ummm I must head to Trader Joe's immediately. And I lOVE your costume!!!