Sunday, January 12, 2014

Andrew Week 1


The best thing about having our baby on December 23, was getting to go home on Christmas Day!  
With the most amazing gift we could ever dream of. 
Leaving the hospital was surreal - were we really ready to be on our own?  Were we equipped to be parents?  Did we have enough diapers, was my milk even in yet, do we really know how to swaddle, when do we bathe him, what if he doesn't like us, what if, what if what if????
Well, we made it through the first night, and the second.  And each moment just got sweeter and sweeter.  Every morning, I felt a little bit better physically.  I was still on an adrenaline high from the labor/delivery/I HAVE A BABY - so I wasn't sleeping very well.  Even if he was sleeping, I was watching him.  Just making sure he was OK.  




We had the most AMAZING first week.  And we have my wonderful and selfless parents to thank for so much of that.  Between cooking meals, cleaning, errand running, grocery shopping, laundry, and more, they did it all.  All so John and I could have time together, and time with our sweet angel.  We celebrated the most amazing Christmas together, too.  
One that I'll never forget.  

Oh, and we gave Andrew his first bath.  
I probably won't forget that one either - we were terrified!  
But he did great :)

Andrew - 1 week old!!


What a sweet time this is for our family - thank you for all the love and support!



post signature

5 comments:

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

Congratulations!! He is so sweet!! xo

Unknown said...

He is so precious Em!! soooo handsome!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

BEST Christmas present ever! He is so cute..congrats!

Nat said...

He is just so precious!! Makes me miss having a newborn. I remember being so terrified giving Miller his first bath and stressing about getting water on his face and now I pretty much just dump water right on his head and he laughs and squeals and doesn't care at all.

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

He is so adorable! Congratulations! He looks so tiny in these pictures - I'm sure he's grown a lot in the past month : )