Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Weekend(s) Recap!


Somehow, I completely failed to post our Easter weekend on the blog, so I wanted to do a quick recap, as well as share a few more recent weekend pics!  
Easter is one of my favorite holidays - it is the beautiful reminder of God's promise, the hope we have in Him, and the sacrifice He gave to forgive our sins and give us eternal life.  It is a glorious day - and I always feel such a sense of renewal and rejuvenation this weekend.  And how good are the Easter hymns and songs - love them!  

We had a wonderful weekend, celebrating with just the 3 of us ;)  Although we of course miss our family terribly during holidays, it's really a special and sweet time we have together, making memories, and creating new traditions for us.  Times I'll never forget.

On Sunday, it was French toast for breakfast, Church (an amazing service!), and back home for Easter baskets and fun!

(of course Andrew had an Easter basket from his Mimi and Papa D!)

My little bunny and me!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This past weekend was the most beautiful one we've had yet!
And you better believe we spent about every possible second of it outside - basking in the sun, and checking out some of the parks nearby.  Andrew is finally able to actually explore a little, and he especially loves the sandbox, and digging with sticks and rocks.  He also can't get enough of the swings at the park! 











Hope y'all have had a great weekend, and a fabulous start to the new week!

Now we're off to the pediatrician for Andrew's 15 month checkup!  I'm really hoping he has put on a few lbs!  This little peanut is still in 9 month clothes!
:)

post signature

3 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

We had some amazing weather this weekend as well and I'm so happy that you guys were able to enjoy yours as well! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

Louise, Travel the Unbeaten Path said...

Came across your blog from the BlovedBoston link up and I'm glad I did! Ps. I have a little peanut as well, and hey, we get a lot more use out of his little clothes that way! haha!

Ally- Life as I know it said...

Andrew is just the cutest!! Love his little smocked Easter jon jon!
Ally - Life as I know it